Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday Night

I arrived in Penticton today with less than a week remaining between me and Ironman. It's been a long journey to get here and only a little bit further to go.

Strolling around town can be a little overwhelming. Athletes are running, biking or swimming just about anywhere you look. If you manage to ignore all the people, it's hard to miss the Ironman shwag plastered across every billboard, store wall and any other available surface. "Welcome athletes", etc., etc. This town certainly gets behind the sport.

I just feel small. I forget that I'm one of those athletes that they're welcoming with open arms. Well, it's only my first night here. I'm sure I'll feel a little more comfortable once I have a workout tomorrow.


We would never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.

~Hellen Keller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home