Saturday, June 17, 2006

Day before the New Balance 1/2 Iron

Didn't sleep much last night. I still haven't gotten over this nasty stomach bug and it's added a huge load to an already scary race.

I rode down to Oak Bay bikes today to get it checked. First time I've been on my bike in a week and I couldn't believe how dizzy I was. Riding back up Rockland I was fighting for consciousness... I wasn't even going that fast. That passed in a few minutes and the rest of the ride was fine.

I'm so tired of being sick. Should I even race tomorrow?

It's easy to get lost in this haze of fear and doubt. I've worked really hard for this and don't want to walk away from it if I don't have to. My body seems to be telling me not to race but I don't think I'm willing to listen. The question is, can I get away with it?


Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness

~Jame Thurber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home