Friday, June 02, 2006

Frog in a kettle

Usually, I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky guy but just about everything has been irritating me for the last few days. That should tell me something.

At first I thought it was just that it was just all the stunned drivers who don't have any regard for people on bicycles... ok, that's an irritant at the best of times. My body aches a bit but that's probably just the hard workouts. Did I wait too long to get my first cup of coffee? Yeah, but I should have started feeling better after I finally got some. Food? Same story.

4pm rolls around and a buddy pops his head into my office to see if we're still on for sampling some cask beers at Spinnakers this evening. For some reason, I'm really resistant to riding there. I've been looking forward to some delicious brews but I can't seem to get through this fog. When I get headaches, they usually come on so gently that I don't realize I've got one until my head is splitting in two. 5pm, it hurts to move. I load up on aspirin, cancel plans for tonight and go home.

Between the mental fatigue, lack of sleep and next to zero downtime, this really shouldn't come as a shock.


It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest.

~Dorothy Canfield Fisher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home